The 13th Malcolm Arnold Festival will take place on 13th and 14th October 2018 at the Royal & Derngate in Northampton, England.
As a member of the Malcolm Arnold Society you will get special ticket offers for the Festival in 2018 plus access to the Societies exclusive events (dinner, auction and some special audio visual surprises!).
So far festival director Paul Harris has announced the following:
- Festival launch by Simon Callow
- The BBC Concert Orchestra performing:
Symphony No. 4
with Bernstein’s Symphonic Dances from ‘West Side Story’ plus Copland’s Clarinet Concerto & the Arnold ‘Scherzetto’ performed by Julian Bliss!
- The Dancing Master conducted by John Andrews
- Hilary Davan Wetton conducting:
Recorder Concerto, 2nd String Quartet (String Orchestra version) plus a new work by Timothy Bowers
- The Rushden Town Brass Band conducted by Adele Hudson:
Fanfare for a Festival, Attleborough Suite, Hobsons Brass, Peterloo Overture, Four Cornish Dances
- Northamptonshire County Youth Orchestra performing:
Overture: Roots of Heaven, The Inn of the Sixth Happiness (suite), English Dances set 2, Sweeney Todd Concert Suite
- Illustrated talks by David Mellor, Dr Timothy Bowers and John Griff
- and much more!
Exclusive Arnold Society events:
- Society dinner with guest speakers
- Society film morning
- Auction of rare items
The 12th Malcolm Arnold Festival took place on 14th and 15th October 2017 in Northampton, England.
As a member of the Society you can read a detailed report in Beckus No. 107
- Festival launched by Sir Peter Ellwood
- The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by John Gibbons
- The Rushden Town Brass Band
- Janus Ensemble conducted by Ben Palmer
- The Glasgow Philharmonia conducted by Ross Gunning
- Jenny Dyson Quintet
- Claire Joanne Thompson and Scott Mitchell – song recital
- For Mr Pye an Island – world concert premiere
- Heroes of Telemark – world concert premiere of a new suite
- Dame Monica Mason in interview
- and much more!