The brand new issue of Beckus (No. 125) is out!
This is the quarterly newsletter for our members.
If you are not yet a member: Just click here!
- New chairman – Introducing Paul
- Thanks, Alan!
- Frank Brand, RIP
- 17th International Arnold Festival
- Ross Pople recordings
- Recent performances
- Malcolm Arnold – The Inside Story
- Malcolm Arnold: the danger of being spiritual
- Malcolm in Maryland 2000
- Arnold and Gipps horn concertos
- Variations on a Ukrainian Folk Song
- Homage to the Queen: reviews from 1953, part 2
- Notes from Padstow
Of the coronation compositions the one that gave me the greatest pleasure was Malcolm Arnold’s ballet music Homage to the Queen. If you had never heard anything of Arnold’s before you would have said “Let that man compose more ballets.” If you had never heard anything before by the other coronation composers you would not, I think, have gone about clamouring for more…Sidney Harrison, John o’London’s Weekly