The brand new issue of Beckus (No. 126) is out!
This is the quarterly newsletter for our members.
If you are not yet a member: Just click here!
- The Festival comes to London
- Society Get-together, Tickets & Accommodation
- Book Review: The Inside Story
- Recent performances
- A poem by Ruth Arnold
- Midsummer rural celebrations of John Clare
- Chandos CD on the way
- Martin Ellerby retires from the VCM
- A blue plaque for Malcolm?
- Lost and found: an Arnold manuscript rediscovered
- Performance diary
- New appointments
I was recently contacted by a local resident, who said that in going through her late husband’s papers, she had come across something that just might be of interest: what appeared to be a short composition by Malcolm Arnold. She had unfortunately not the least idea as to how the single bifolio sheet had come into her husband’s possession.Piers Burton-Page on the rediscovered manuscript