A new release from Indicator with an isolated music and effects track. Music score by Malcolm Arnold and Buxton Orr.
Directed by Joseph L Mankiewicz (Dragonwyck, All About Eve, Cleopatra) from the play by Tennessee Williams (A Streetcar Named Desire, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof) and adapted for the screen by Gore Vidal (Ben-Hur, Myra Breckinridge), Suddenly, Last Summer casts three of Hollywood’s most iconic talents (Elizabeth Taylor, Katharine Hepburn, Montgomery Clift) in a daring and often delirious mix of lurid drama and Gothic horror. Sensational and wildly controversial at the time of its release, Suddenly, Last Summer now stands as a classic – and stills packs a provocative punch.
- Isolated music and effects track
- 4K restoration from the original negative
- Original mono audio
- Joseph L Mankiewicz Interview (1990, 10 mins)
- Elizabeth Taylor on Montgomery Clift (1966, 2 mins)
- Gary Raymond on ‘Suddenly, Last Summer’ (2018): a new interview with the versatile British actor
- About Last Summer (2018, 16 mins): second assistant editor John Crome shares his experience of making Suddenly, Last Summer
- Remembering Last Summer (2018, 3 mins): continuity supervisor Elaine Schreyeck recalls working with Mankiewicz, Hepburn and Clift
- The Predator and the Prey (2017, 26 mins): critic and film historian Michel Ciment examines the film’s production and explores its complex themes and concerns
- Original theatrical trailer
- Trailer commentary with Dan Ireland (2013, 3 mins): a short critical appreciation
- Image gallery: on-set photography, publicity stills and promotional materials
- New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing