The brand new issue of Beckus (No. 121) has just been released.
This is the quarterly newsletter for our members.
If you are not yet a member: Just click here!
- 16th Malcolm Arnold Festival will be online
- The Society is looking for a Chairperson
- The Dancing Master wins BBC Music Magazine award
- The Dancing Master at the Buxton Festival
- More reviews of the Dancing Master
- This year’s Maestro is a book: Rooted in Northampton
- MAS Scholar gains a place at the RNCM
- BBC Music Magazine – Malcolm Arnold centenary number
- Memories of Malcolm
- The Chalk Garden on Blu-ray
- Violin and piano CD
- Notes on the English Dances
- Piers’s Presto Podcast
- Electra: First reviews
- Arnold performances in this year’s Festivals
- Seen on eBay
- Three articles by Malcolm Arnold in World of Music Magazine
- Messages for a knight
- Notes on a Cornish Diary
I have learnt some musical instrument or other ever since I can remember starting with the piano and violin, but I was never wildly enthusiastic about music until I heard records of jazz, in particular those of Duke Ellington and Louis Armstrong, in the late 1920s and 30s.Malcolm Arnold writing about “Jazz in my life” in World of Music