The brand new issue of Beckus (No. 122) has just been released.
This is the quarterly newsletter for our members.
If you are not yet a member: Just click here!
- 16th Malcolm Arnold Festival – ‘Malcolm’s 100th’
- Society get-together
- Julian Lloyd Webber honoured
- Sinfonietta No. 1 Harrisburg
- Symphony No. 5 CBSO
- Music for wind
- London Song Festival
- The Dancing Master – Buxton International Festival
- Oboe Concerto
- St Paul’s Sinfonia celebrate Arnold centenary
- Larch Trees Op.3 (1943) by Andrew Morley
- The Society is looking for a Chairperson
- Rooted in Northampton
- CD releases
- Battle for Music
- A Nice Conundrum: My life in two worlds by Alan Poulton
- Writing for Margot by Tony Meredith
- Homage to the Queen – Reviews from 1953
- Performance Diary
Equally as striking is the structural integrity of the piece; whatever it was he experienced whilst contemplating a glade of Yorkshire larches, Arnold channels it with pace, clarity, and profound intensity, making for a heady listening experience.Andrew Morley on the Larch Trees Op.3